Grayscale Investments is a company headquartered in New York and manages digital currency investment funds. Grayscale holds the largest Bitcoin fund, $35 million, and continues its expansion in other cryptocurrencies.
According to Grayscale CEO Michael Sonnenshein, the firm is providing new trusts for investing in five distinct digital currencies:
- Filecoin: created by Protocol Labs, and allows users to store files renting unused hard drive space.
- Livepeer: a decentralized content delivery network built on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Chainlink: a decentralized network that serves as a link between smart contracts with data from the real world.
- Basic Attention tokens: track the time and attention that users spend on digital properties, to understand how to invest advertising funds.
- Decentraland tokens: can be used to purchase virtual land in Decentraland (a virtual-reality).
“At any one time, we’re probably maintaining a list of what could be 30 products, could be 40 products that we’re interested in bringing to market,” Sonnenshein said. “We’re trying to always reconcile where we may find compelling opportunities in the digital assets ecosystem and trying to reconcile where investors are interested in deploying capital.”
Since bitcoin’s price is very high and continues to increase, new investors are intimidated and prefer to start their trading with alternative coins that have smaller market caps. This is why Grayscale thinks investing in them can be very beneficial for the company.
“There are many Grayscale scale products that have historically been a little bit before their time before they began to resonate with investors sufficiently,” Sonnenshein said.
Do you have an interest in investing in crypto? Book a call, and we will give you all the information you need to succeed in digital currency!